Lakeland Roadhouse 7769 Mulligan Hwy, Lakeland QLD 4871, is seeking applicants for a casual Cook position.
Serving coffee, hot & cold beverages, breakfast, lunch & dinner meals. Our kitchen is open from 6.00am to 7.00pm, 7 days a week.
The Lakeland Roadhouse is the premier stop for locals and tourists heading into the Cape York region. We are situated 250kms north/west of Cairns, on the crossroads to Cape York and Cooktown.
We stock Diesel, ULP 91, & Premium 95 fuel and have a range of auto parts, oils, camping & fishing supplies, souvenirs, groceries & ice.
Our trading hours are 6.00am to 8.00pm 7 days
We are seeking applicants who are flexible, must be willing to work night shifts, split-shifts and weekends.
To be focused, dedicated and thrive in a high-pressure environment while being passionate about food, consistent and detail-oriented, to produce large amounts of high-quality dishes.
You will be responsible for delivering and cooking delicious food to the customers specifications in a safe clean working environment
- Ensure ingredients and final product are fresh
- Bake, grill, steam, boil and fry meats, vegetables, poultry, fish and other foods
- Present, garnish and arrange final dishes
- Comprehension and organization to follow direct orders and recipes and to correctly prepare dishes to the standards of the restaurant
- Maintain a clean and safe working area including handling utensils, equipment and dishes
- Handle and store ingredients and food
- Knowledge of safety procedures, including safe temperatures at which ingredients must be kept and prepare and store all foods to avoid foodborne illness
- Ability to work as part of a team, with a calm demeanor to work in a high -stress fast paced environment
- Interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of other people, such as waitstaff, kitchenhands, management and customers
- Assist other kitchenhand staff on their technique or procedure by providing demonstration when necessary.
- Have at am AQF Cert III (minimum).
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience when applying.
- A successful applicant will need to display good organisation techniques to ensure they can prepare the food effectively and maintain a clean and efficient work area.
Apply now! Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.